I used some left over yarn to make more hearts and tread a ribbon at the top so the heart could be hang up. I was thinking using it for some home deco project. However, my daughter insist on giving them to her enrichment teachers on her last day there.
Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Sunday, November 06, 2011
This is a little project I did with my daughter. It's a little gift for her teacher for the hard work she put in on the dance item for their Annual Graduation Ceremony cum Concert.
We used salt dough to make alphabets. Painted it and glued it to the wooden plate. No prize for guessing what's her teacher's name. ;)
* This is how it looks like before it was painted. *
Sunday, September 18, 2011
I bought a 3 IKEA Children storage bench when it was $19. We are moving to a new place and I decided to use one of the bench as a shoe box to be placed outside our house.
I added a handle to the cover and hinges so the kids can easily lift up the cover with the handle and not having to carry the cover. I also added legs to the base of the box so it will not be soaked in water when the town council do their regular washing.
As the wood was untreated, I painted it in white. The decals seen were previously on my mirror. I removed them and reused them on the box.
The wire shelves in the box are actually freestanding shelf insert for cabinet. They are placed in the box as shoe shelves. All accessories used were bought from Daiso.
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Friday, July 29, 2011
Like the DIY camouflage clock and DIY Food Clock, this simple clock here is also done using the IKEA RUSCH wall clock.
I reused the original numbered clock face by reversing it. I glued faux rhinestones to replace the numbers. Faux rhinestones are glued around the outer case of the clock as well as the hands too. The second hand has a flower on it, so the flower moves by the second.
Friday, July 01, 2011
I made the boring stopper for my soap dispenser refill into something more interesting.
I painted the stopper using puff paint and waited for it to dry before I add another coat of puff paint. I glued googly eyes and used a black marker for the spots.
This is a post on a hack on a soap refill for an auto soap dispenser.
I cut an hole on the top of the plastic refill using a heated cutter and smoothed the rough edge by carefully melting it with a light. I used a stopper to cover the opening which only cost me 10cents.
Now I just need to top up with normal hand soap instead of buying the original refill just to use the dispenser.
Saturday, May 28, 2011
I made a boxed pleated reversible bag. One side of the bag is red with polka dots and lace. The other side is plain white with 3 fabric buttons using the same fabric from the reverse side.
I sewed D-rings on both sides of the bag, It can be used to hang a wristlet for the D-ring inside the bag. Whilst a brooch can be pinned on the fabric loop holding the D-ring so it will not damage the bag.
Thursday, May 26, 2011
I did this for a wonderful teacher who will be leaving after tomorrow. Hopefully, we will be able to see him back in school after his studies. He will be dearly missed.
I'm not very good coming up with ideas for guy's stuff so I thought I'll attempt to do name weaving on a pen. Passable results, I think. Hopefully, he likes it.
Sunday, April 24, 2011
A simple hand sewn full lined zipper pouch, which I made for my daughter's teacher who shared the same birthday as her. I stamped and painted a cupcake on one side of the pouch and sewed a little bow to the other side with the words, Happy Birthday, next to it.
Thursday, April 07, 2011
Friday, March 25, 2011
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
my handmade zakka on About Me
SewingLove has changed to Handmade Zakka by Elaine with immediate effect.
If you have been following me via RSS feeds, RSS Email, Facebook, NetworkedBlogs, or any others ways, I would appreciate it if you could update the new URL so you will continue to receive new updates.
A simple crochet strawberry and a seemly strawberry flower with a crystal in the middle. I did not have a suitable colour for the flower, hence I used x-stitch thread (the closest I have) for it instead. I attached a hooked to the top so it can be used as a charm.
Monday, March 21, 2011
Sunday, February 27, 2011
Saturday, January 15, 2011
Friday, January 14, 2011
A full-lined bag with zipper for my daughter to carry her Chinese enrichment books as the bag provided by the school is too big and clumsy for her.
The flowers on the front are iron-on felt. I sewed a red fabric button as the sun. The sun-rays and the clouds were sewed on as well. (I coloured the clouds the next morning after I post this.) The girl's face and hair were sewed before I made it into a button. After which I pleated her hair. Her arms and legs are sewed on too. I sew a name-tag to the back of the bag.